We’re a small, smart company helping people to make and print their own newspapers. Since 2010, we’ve printed over 11 million newspapers for customers all over the world. Following a recent rebrand, our focus is now on improving our website, redeveloping our newspaper layout tool (ARTHR) and speeding up our processes. We want to make it even easier for everyone to make, print and sell their own newspaper.
This role is full-time (35 hours per week) based in our Glasgow HQ. The wider Newspaper Club team is based in London, Leipzig and Boston, so experience of remote working is an advantage and clear communication skills are a must. We use tools like Slack, Skype, and Basecamp to keep in touch. We would prefer candidates who can be in our Glasgow office at least one day per week.
- Ruby with a web framework (Ruby on Rails preferred but not essential)
- jQuery / ReactJS / BackboneJS
- CSS with SASS
- Knowledge of Ruby Style Guide best practices
- Extensive Git knowledge with understanding of Git Flow
- Knowledge of TDD/BDD practices in Ruby on Rails
- HAML markup
- Experience working in an agile team
The following experience would be useful, but is not required for this position:
- PDF files, and the printing process in general
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- Flexible hours
- Relaxed working environment
- Support for training and development
- City centre location.
We believe in having fun, doing work we’re proud of, and going home on time.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. To discuss the role email us at firstname.lastname@example.org describing why you’d be right for the role, with a link to your site, CV, LinkedIn profile, portfolio, GitHub page or similar. Please let us know your current salary and your salary expectations.