Win tickets to the Brand New Conference in NYC

We’re proud to be one of the sponsors of the Brand New Conference which is taking place in NYC on September 7. Organised by the good folks at UnderConsideration, the conference promises a stellar list of international speakers ready to discuss the latest in branding and corporate identity.

We have two free tickets to give away so if you can make it to the School of Visual Arts Theatre, 333 West 23 Street, New York, on Sept 7 and would like to go along, leave us a comment telling us what’s your favourite newspaper and why. We will pick two winners tomorrow (Thurs 30 August) at 4pm UK time so please make sure you comment with an email address that we can use to contact you.

Thank you and good luck!

Posted by Anne | Comments (10)

Filed under: news

10 Comments

1. Wed, 29 Aug 2012 at 12:34 pm
    Jeannie Permalink

Responding to @newspaperclub’s contest to go to @bnconf, WSJ is usually my favorite newspaper due to quality and variety, but it is close!

2. Wed, 29 Aug 2012 at 2:07 pm
    Jackie McClellan Permalink

In our ever-changing world, generating profitable sales for our companies depends on effective execution in key business areas: developing quality products, fulfilling customer requirements, complying with regulations and so on and so forth. I take pride in the company I work for, 4CTechnologies, a Pittsburgh-based business consulting firm specializing in custom application development and software engineering. Because we are a technology company first, we can offer engineered and insightful design solutions for a more beautiful and visually attractive world (that’s where I come in, yay!). In order to stay up on the latest trends, I find and follow some of the most reputable designers and developers in the industry. I recently attended @MWLUG (Midwest Lotus Users Group) Conference that was held in Pittsburgh, PA this year! One stand-out presentation to me was on Responsive Web Design, presenter @MartinRidgeway. He did an amazing job explaining both the beneficial as well as the technical side of going responsive. Today’s case in point is the newly launched BostonGlobe.com, which uses the adaptive layouts, font re-sizing and image scaling of responsive design to deliver an elegant, readable website no matter what screen size you’re using. It is through all of this I give you my favorite newspaper. Granted, The Boston Globe still releases printed material, but in moving forward they have taken 2012 by the horns and helped to tread the path of the future of technology and mobile development to new speeds and record highs above the rest.

3. Wed, 29 Aug 2012 at 4:05 pm
    Nick Irwin Permalink

My favorite newspaper, Coffee News USA, can there be anything more simplistic in life than a black cup of coffee and a one page newspaper?

4. Wed, 29 Aug 2012 at 5:49 pm
    Jess Permalink

My favorite newspaper is El Comercio; Ecuador’s most popular paper. Ever since I was a little boy, I have liked its emphasis on diagrams and all sorts of graphics to explain a story, particularly those of new constructions as I really like architecture.

5. Wed, 29 Aug 2012 at 6:22 pm
    AJ Permalink

This might not qualify as a “newspaper” but The Onion is definitely a favorite. And if that doesn’t qualify than The Village Voice is all win for me.

6. Wed, 29 Aug 2012 at 6:49 pm
    Stuart McCoy Permalink

I prefer the NY Times (love Paul Krugman’s Op-ed’s) but when I really want good analysis on issues, especially political, I read Rolling Stone. Matt Taibbi’s articles are especially good and he’s not afraid to ruffle some feathers. Their articles also tend to be much longer so they can go further in depth with the issues instead of glossing over topics for the sake of brevity.

7. Thu, 30 Aug 2012 at 3:49 am
    Michael W. Permalink

I love the Mr. Porter newsprint. It’s an awesome read! The Onion is a close second followed by the Philadelphia Inquirer.

8. Thu, 30 Aug 2012 at 3:24 pm
    laurent Permalink

My favorite newspaper is the Guardian in the UK for its lay out and content quality, The New york Times for its infographics and online reading user friendliness and Liberation in France for its covers

9. Thu, 30 Aug 2012 at 3:30 pm
    Kathy Permalink

I haven’t had a chance to physically look at it, but the Portuguese newspaper “i” (informação) looks like a very well articulated and designed newspaper. It won best design newspaper in the world http://www.snd.org/2011/02/snd32i/. Surely if I was living in Portugal, this would be my number one newspaper!

10. Thu, 30 Aug 2012 at 3:32 pm
    Laurent Bourscheidt Permalink

The Guardian (UK) for its design and content) The New York Times for its translation of print to Digital platform and the integration of interactive infographics and Liberation – (France) for the artful covers when major events occur

RSS feed for comments on this post

Sorry, the comments are closed right now.