What would you like us to do next?

Newspaper Club meeting

Earlier in the week we had another two ‘away days’ or ‘planning sessions’ or whatever you’d like to call them. Two days where we all get together, from as far afield as Glasgow, and talk about making Newspaper Club better.

We’ve got some exciting plans and there’s some stuff we’ve been wanting to do for ages that we think we’ll be able to do soon.

Engineering made me upload this

But as you know we like to quieten down for the summer so there probably won’t be much news until September. So we thought this was a good time to ask what you would like to see us do next? Are there any features you’d like to add? And services we should be offering? Anything we could make better? Anything we should do more of? Anything we haven’t even thought of yet?

Leave a comment and let us know.

Posted by Ben | Comments (10)

Filed under: developments

10 Comments

1. Thu, 15 Jul 2010 at 10:03 am
    Simon Permalink

It would be great to be able to print in single colour inks other than black

2. Thu, 15 Jul 2010 at 1:36 pm
    Ian Wootten Permalink

It seems to me that tools for creating Newspaper Club papers through collaborative authorship is something desired by many. There’s quite a few complex problems to solve through that deceptively simple ask. I’m aware of one other friend in just my local area trying to create a newspaperclub paper through an online submission process.

Attracting relevant, motivated authors, voting and editing on submissions all make it quite an uphill struggle. It would seem to me you’re in a great position to better equip paper creators with such tools.

3. Thu, 15 Jul 2010 at 2:53 pm
    Ben M Permalink

Does this mean you won’t be printing newspapers on your usual Tuesday 2pm deadlines during all of August?

4. Fri, 16 Jul 2010 at 4:14 pm
    Neil Martin Permalink

Redesign your logo.

Apologies however, to the illustrator who did a good job – just not right for this logo.

5. Tue, 20 Jul 2010 at 11:26 am
    Anne Permalink

Just to explain, we are open as normal during August. Just a bit quieter due to holidays etc.

6. Mon, 2 Aug 2010 at 4:12 am
    Ben Permalink

I second the suggestion of single colour inks, and for that matter, coloured paper? The test run on yellow paper looked great! Imagine black and red ink on yellow paper…

Also, may push it and suggest optioning the Berliner format size…

7. Mon, 16 Aug 2010 at 6:52 pm
    Joe Clark Permalink

Let us proofread your publications. We’re the last people who can do it.

8. Mon, 30 Aug 2010 at 9:39 pm
    Thom Permalink

Offer a newspaper creation service, or perhaps simply a hands-on editing service/layout service. Next step – hire me as a copyeditor. By “hire” I mean I’ll volunteer to do it.

9. Tue, 7 Sep 2010 at 11:35 am
    dave Permalink

Shorter run color newspapers.

2 color newspaper (black +color)

Yellow stock paper.

10. Mon, 4 Oct 2010 at 11:12 pm
    Thomas Permalink

Was all set to leave a comment when I saw that I already did…and yes, it was the same one.

RSS feed for comments on this post

Sorry, the comments are closed right now.