As you are all aware we haven’t launched yet. We will very soon. But we haven’t yet.
You will also be aware that there are three aspects to Newspaper Club one of which involves you can sending us artwork files and we print you a newspaper. This is glamourously called the PDF Upload Option.
We’ve been printing a few of these already and we’d be happy to start printing some more. If you’re interested in doing that you’ll need to have some sort of design software and you’ll need the spec shown below.
If the spec below reads like gibberish, wait until we launch fully and ARTHR will take care of all this for you.
For more info email email@example.com
Newspaper Club spec (and a few things to remember)
1. Colour page size: 289 mm wide x 380 mm high, with a 15mm border all around. The border is crucial.
Black and white page size: 317mm wide x 457mm high, with a border of 15mm all round.
2. Use CMYK colours (not RGB). Try to keep pictures at 300dpi. (You can probably get away with 150dpi in most cases, but use 300dpi if you have it and if you’re doing full page images.)
3. We recommend using these colours. They work well on newsprint: http://www.flickr.com/photos/scraplab/4253425051 No spot colours are available.
4. Make your images more contrasty by about 10-20%. As one of our Beta testers said, “In short If you’re printing photos, boost the contrast, tweak your levels a bit to give your top end more white, but don’t sweat it too much.”
5. All pages must have folios (ie be numbered) apart from the cover.
6. When reversing the text out of a colour we recommend you use a sans serif font with a minimum size of 12 point.
7. If you like Newspaper Club please can you help us to grow it by including the Newspaper Club logo and this very short blurb in your paper somewhere. Thanks a lot.
The blurb is this – Newspaper Club is a service that helps people and communities make their own newspapers. www.newspaperclub.co.uk
- and the logo is here http://www.newspaperclub.co.uk/images/logos/newspaperclub_logo.eps as an eps and here http://www.newspaperclub.co.uk/images/logos/newspaperclub_logo.jpg as a jpeg.
8. Our prices are here: http://blog.newspaperclub.co.uk/2010/01/06/prices/ and there are a few examples of papers here: http://blog.newspaperclub.co.uk/category/case-studies/